Re: JAWS freezing with Outlook 2013, when connected to an exchange server.

Jason White

In my case, the entire system becomes extremely slow to respond to keystrokes,
to the extent that it's impossible to use. Keystrokes are processed, but there
are delays of seconds at a time. Various programs (including Outlook itself)
cause the system to issue error dialogues which state that the program is "not
responding". Sometimes, the only way to deal with this situation effectively
is to resort to the power button - the worst available response to make on any
modern operating system, but when everything else fails, there isn't a good
alternative.

The system is Windows 7 x64 with Microsoft Office 2013 installed.

Michael Mote <miketmote73@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks! I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue before.
If I leave Outlook open, and walk away from my computer for ten minutes or
so, it will freeze when I am connected to my exchange server for work. Most
of the time, I have to restart the computer to make everything work right
again. I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit, with the latest build of JAWS 17.
Any help would be appreciated.