Re: Ability to read pictures or screen shots?

Charles Krugman

    I’ve never been able to get it to work. I’ve also never been able to successfully submit a screen shot with JAWS and Windows 10. I would like any suggestions.
Chuck

Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:32 PM
Subject: Ability to read pictures or screen shots?

Good morning,

I am aware of the ability for JAWS to do some OCR.  Can someone explain how that works, and what it can actually read?

Here’s why I ask.

A friend recently posted two different things on my wall.  Technically, he thought I’d be able to read them because it’s text.  However, it’s actually a picture of text that was posted.  He found and shared it.  It’s either that or a screen shot.

I’ve never explored or used the OCR capabilities of JAWS but am beginning to wonder if I could use it for such pictures.

If so, how do I go about doing this?  Any thoughts on this in general?

Thanks again.

Jim