Re: 40 minute mode after standby

Brian Prewitt

When I began to type the password I heard a ding for every keystroke and didn't see the cursor in the password field.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 17, 2016, at 9:11 PM, Shan Noyes <noyes01@...> wrote:

RI run Jaws 17 on windows seven and for the past few versions of jaws sometimes when I have the screen locked and go and unlock it it says jaws is in 40 minute moat but I type in my password then it goes back to my desktop and jaws is happy and no longer in 40 minute mode that has been my experience
So nothing to worry about from my point of you have a nice day shan
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 17, 2016, at 6:42 PM, Brian Prewitt <bprewitt@...> wrote:

What could I do to prevent this from happening in the future?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 17, 2016, at 6:25 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Brian. Sounds as if some major component of the computer has not awoke by the time JAWS and the password dialogue comes up. Maybe this is giving the laptop a different configuration than it normally has. This would fool JAWS into thinking it isn't the same computer. This would give it a different locking code. With a different locking code, your activation code won't be valid, so JAWS goes into 40-minute mode.
Bill White billwhite92701@...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Prewitt" <bprewitt@...>
To: <jfw@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:21 PM
Subject: 40 minute mode after standby

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know why Jaws 15 goes to 40 minute mode after a Windows 7 laptop is awoken from standby? The message we get is that Jaws needs to be activated. This message pops up immediately after returning from Standby before the password can be typed in.

Thank you for your help.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 13046 (20160217) __________