Re: Digest Frequency

James Homuth

For the record, that's how I had things set up on the list that existed before we moved to groups.io. It wasn't quite as noticeable then, however, on the not entirely unreasonable grounds that since the move we've gotten a lot more active.

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: February-15-16 12:28 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Digest Frequency

I see that some others, like myself, are somewhat confused by the fact that the "Daily Digest" is often sent more than once daily.  In my recent interaction with groups.io technical support with regard to the "Mute this Thread" function the following was stated:

Digests are generated at 10 PM Pacific or if there are 25 messages ready for a digest, whichever comes first.

This approach seems sensible, if not entirely intuitive, to me.  It prevents the digests from becoming huge during the periods of "hot and heavy" activity.

Brian