From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2016 2:59 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: textbook scanning for teaching purposes

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 01:39 pm, Gudrun Brunot <gbrunot@centurylink.net> wrote:

information blackout

I can't, and don't take credit for that particularly succinct and accurate turn of phrase. That goes to Joseph Lee.

Gudrun, not that no one works alone, but most of us don't. With your talents a collaboration might solve that "toe biting" provided the person you're working with is on the same metaphorical page as you are about deadlines. There are times when there is no substitute for sight when speed, and lack of frustration, are of the essence for a project. What you bring to the table goes beyond mere editing, and getting a decent editor/format-checker would, I hope, be possible. I'd love to be able to do that with someone. A friend of mine is an author, but her work goes through "standard editing" as part of the publication process. Being able to produce press-ready material is a real challenge for everyone.

Brian, been there, done that on a limited basis