Re: Google Cast extiion

Shane clark

Hi Brian,
So I got together with my niece, and we tried casting my computer too there TV, and this is what we came up with so far. First, Jaws 11, did not announce the area where it says the name of your chromecast and  do you want to cast to this device or not. So I had no way of knowing when I was even there. Secondly, once we got the computer to cast to the TV, & I went to a program called Kodi, just to see if this will work, - informing me that so we were casting, all she could see on the TV was the Google Chrome window, so apparently nothing from Cody was being casted. So I'm not sure what was going on there, I do know however, that the video was playing, but just on my computer itself. So that's as far as we've gotten with this. So not sure what exactly is going on. Shane.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016, 12:49 AM Shane clark <hshaneclark@...> wrote:

Hi,
Will check it out in the morning and let you know.
Shane.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016, 11:23 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Shane,

         When you click the Google Cast button what is the first option in the dropdown menu?  It should be "Cast tab to {insert name you gave your Chromecast dongle at install}" and if it isn't it means that your Chromecast is not connected to your wireless network.  This should have been done when you did your install of Chromecast itself, but I can't know whether that worked or not.  If that's not the first thing in the menu, then arrow down until you reach the "Options" option and select it.  This should open a new tab in Chrome and throw focus to that tab.  It is for "Google Cast Extension Options" and contains a link to "Set up a new cast device" (as well as another to "Manage cast devices").

          You must have a Chromecast device already connected to your wireless network and recognized by the Google Cast extension before you can cast a tab to it.

         This is the best stab I can take with the information available.

Brian