Re: Kindle books

David Ingram

I’d llike to say that my experience wasn’t good because I didn’t find where the kindle ap made anything accessible.  I even had problems with the setup of the program as well.  I don’t know what could be done to fix the problems that I had.  I’d like to say that my computer has windows 7 pro 64 bit with 4gb ram and a slow a m d processor and 1 700gb hard drive. And jaws 16Thank you for any tips or anything that I could do to have a better response!

From: Gary King [mailto:w4wkz@...]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2016 2:55 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Kindle books

Jean,

When using Kindle for PC with Accessible Plug-in, JAWS and other screen readers read the menus and buttons, and the included male and female text-to-speech voices speak the text of the books. JAWS can't read any text in books directly, but a page can be read after a fashion with Convenient OCR.  The problem is that most books are printed in columns, so trying to make sense of a page this way is difficult.

If you are reading books such as novels which are meant to be read from start to finish, the program is adequate, but if you are trying to read books that require a lot of navigation to find a particular portion of the text, your experience will not be good.  I wouldn't try it with books of a technical nature.

For those who have an iPhone or iPad, the Kindle app works much better.

Gary King
w4wkz@...