Re: Improving my teaching approach and/or sensitivity

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Duh, it certainly is.  Oh well, I’m glad to know about the Ctrl-Shift anyhow.  I actually use the links list a lot.  I think my hands just go into business for themselves, once they’re trained.

Ted

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 4:30 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Improving my teaching approach and/or sensitivity

Ted, actually the JAWS command that brings up the list of running programs is JAWS key+F10. I know you know this. all these F10 combos can get bewildering.

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 4:27 PM

Shift F10 is a JAWS command, bringing up a list of running programs.  Ctrl-Shift-F10 works great though.

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 3:33 PM

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) <ted.lisle@...> wrote:

not unless you bypass JAWS; that brings up a list of running programs.  In MS Outlook, F10brings up the ribbon.  In some contexts, it fulfills its historic function, going all the way back to Lotus 1-2-3, or maybe even VisiCalc.

Ted

Ted,

Are you referring to SHIFT+F10?  I've played with this, I think with NVDA on off, and unless JAWS captures the command it's giving me the context menu (and I don't need the CTRL+ added in File explorer).  It seems that others have reported that JAWS isn't capturing it, and I'd like to have the "straight poop" as they say.

Brian

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.