Re: Mute this thread OR "Out of Hand" Topics

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

I had muted the thread about teaching too, and am receiving all other messages.  Worked for me.

Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2016 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Mute this thread OR "Out of Hand" Topics

I muted the thread you started about teaching, and now suddenly I am not seeing any messages I am sending to this list and also another email list on groups.io.  How do I unmute threads so that I will once again receive all messages I send to email lists on groups.io? I am using WLM 2012 with JAWS 16.  Thanks .

Gerald

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2016 3:07 PM
Subject: Mute this thread OR "Out of Hand" Topics

The following is intended as a public service announcement of sorts.

If you're participating in the list via e-mail then please know that the "Mute this thread" link at the bottom of each individual message or message in a digest is there so that you can avoid dealing with threads where you think things are out of hand, uninteresting, or anything else that makes you wish to skip them.  It's a really handy feature.  On the web interface you just don't read the threads that may annoy you.

You're never going to get away from thread drift  or disagreements at times.  Having a tool to arrange to absent yourself when desired is a plus.

Brian