From: Michael Malver [mailto:mmalver@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2016 10:16 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Any good audio editors that work with jaws?

I found a reaper to be an extremely frustrating experience, but did not have
scripts. Where can I find the most recent reaper scripts?

On Feb 6, 2016, at 8:05 PM, Nicole Massey <nyyki@gypsyheir.com> wrote:

Yes, there are several.
Goldwave is a shareware program that can do editing for mono or stereo
settings. The big dog in that arena is Sound Forge, and up to version
8 it's probably the most accessible audio editor you can find, no scripts
needed.
But it isn't shareware. (It's what I use for professional quality
editing and mastering) Nothing else even comes close to the options
you can do completely from the keyboard with this program, because it
was developed by the guys who created the first multimedia code for
Windows back in the Windows 3.1 days.
For multitrack editors Bryan has already mentioned Audacity, which
does a good job with accessibility out of the box. Reaper is also an
option, with scripts for both Jaws and NVDA and a huge number of folks who
support it.
Audacity is just an audio editor, while Reaper is a full functioned
DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) application.
On the pay side Cakewalk's program Sonar used to be a good option, but
scripts for it have stalled thanks to their recent releases changing
so much, so it might be a contender again but right now I have a hard
time recommending it, as the version with scripts is several revisions
back. More will be developing on this front soon, as other DAW
environments are getting some accessibility attention.