Re: Latest Jaws 17 version and system tray on Windows 10

Windows Key+B shoots me straight to the overflow chevron, which is the leftmost/first item in the system tray on my Win10 machine, too.

And just as an FYI, since this frustrated me when I first started using Win10, if you want to set which Icons and/or notifications show up in the notification area of the taskbar (AKA the system tray) you'll find this in the System Settings, Notifications & Actions pane, Select which icons appear on the taskbar link.

Also, if someone could do me the favor, could you tell me how JAWS announces the various panes that go with the Settings dialog panels that have them?  I suspect they'll probably use the old "tab" convention from dialog box with tabs days.  I seem to recall that the switches/toggles are announced as checkboxes because they behave the same way even though they're a new concept.  I don't have anyone handy with Win10 and JAWS.

Brian

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 09:04 am, Les Kriegler <kriegler@...> wrote:

How about Windows-B? That's generally the key combination I use to access
the tray.