From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: getting a router

Cy,
I agree that the 2Wire is excellent, unless it dies a year and a half after
installation, out of warranty, of course. I especially liked the statistics
it gave on my line, convincing me that there was no point trying for a
higher speed DSL service. Too much attenuation!

I am now using the Zoom Telephonics X6V, which is doing a good job for me.
It has a much better wireless range than did the 2Wire, probably because it
has an external antenna instead of an internal one.

Setup of the Zoom X6V is not for the faint of heart though. The setup
program is not speech friendly, leading to a lot of guesswork. Since it
wasn't a recommended model by my telephone company, the setup with them was
not automatic as it was with the 2Wire. Once I got past all of that though,
the user interface to the gateway is just standard HTML.

Gary King
w4wkz@...