Re: Improving my teaching approach and/or sensitivity


Isn't the menu key the alt key?  That is what I always understood it to mean. 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: Improving my teaching approach and/or sensitivity

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 02:21 pm, Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...> wrote:
They are the same. Context key: typically beside the right alt key (between alt and control) on a standard keyboard.

 Thanks Jean.  Now that you've described it that's what I've more commonly heard referred to as "the menu key" for the very reason that it's used very frequently to cause context menus to appear.

This key seems to be becoming more variable as far as precisely where it's placed and whether a keyboard has one, particularly on laptops.  My relatively new HP laptop doesn't have one at all.  My partner's slightly older Toshiba laptop has it located between ALT and CTRL on the right side of the spacebar while the Windows key is in that position on the left on both our laptops.  I'll have to look at my old Win7 laptop upstairs to see if it had a menu/applications key on it.


Join to automatically receive all group messages.