From: Gudrun Brunot [mailto:gbrunot@centurylink.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 1:37 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Improving my teaching approach and/or sensitivity

Turning the monitor off is an excellent idea. I had a trainer in the Washington area who is especially good because he is sighted and use JAWS, just so he'd understand the interface. The sighted trainer has often an extra edge in that he knows what's supposed to work, whereas the blind trainer can get stuck in "there's just no feedback" in a specific tricky situation or a poorly laid-out website. Please, no offense to blind trainers. I've had several who've saved my sanity many times and to whom I am eternally grateful.

Gudrun