Re: Improving my teaching approach and/or sensitivity

Adrian Spratt

Maria, for clarification, it’s the shift+F10 key combination that has the same function as the applications key. Also, the applications key and right-mouse-click menus are often, but not always, identical.


From: Maria Campbell [mailto:lucky1inct@...]
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2016 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: Improving my teaching approach and/or sensitivity


Sorry about the f10 key working like the applications key, it does not.  As Jean says the key left of the right control key is the context menu key, or applications key, which I use all the time.
I avoid the laptop keyboard like the plague and use an external keyboard on my laptop all the time.  I refuse to learn two sets of JAWS commands.

Maria Campbell
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
--Attributed to Jimi Hendrix

On 2/4/2016 4:09 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 02:04 pm, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

the applications key or the f10 key


           Are these two synonymous, like "JAWS Key" and INSERT (or CAPS LOCK, if Laptop), or are they two different things?

           There have been recent references in different threads to "the applications key" and I have no idea what it is, or at least that's not the terminology I'm familiar with for it if it turns out I use it all the time.



Join to automatically receive all group messages.