Event viewer and log files

Jason White

In an unsuccessful attempt to find out what might be causing problems that I
was having, I invoked Event Viewer on a Windows 7 system today.

The obvious first step was to sort the entries by date and time, newest first.
After moving focus to the "date" header, neither pressing enter, nor routing
the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor and issuing a simulated right click sorted
the list of log entries by date. Clicking on any of the header names is
supposed to sort the list of log entries by that field.

I'm accustomed to using command line tools to search and filter og files under
Linux. What is the most effective way to do this under
Windows with JAWS? Microsoft PowerShell may offer a solution and it could be
the next option to investigate.