Re: How To Get Rid Of Get Windows 10 Message

Mario

Brian, doesn't one have to reserve their copy before making the ISO? I heard something about receiving an email with some confirmation code? I've also heard that one should perform the upgrade as to get a product key, and once the upgrade has finished, the ISO can be made and a clean, fresh install will render a better experience?

On 2/2/2016 12:11 PM, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
First I’ve heard of that, thanks.

*From:*Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Thursday, January 28, 2016 6:12 PM
*To:* jfw@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: How To Get Rid Of Get Windows 10 Message

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:58 pm, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)
<ted.lisle@ky.gov <mailto:ted.lisle@ky.gov>> wrote:

I wish they had an option to furnish a disk.

If by they you're referring to Microsoft they already do this. You can
use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10> to
download the ISO for the current build of Windows 10 at any time and
then burn the ISO to a bootable DVD or USB drive to upgrade any machine
until the end of the free upgrade period. The Download Tool link-button
on that screen gets you the software you need to get the ISO. It's then
up to you to either burn it to DVD if you intend to upgrade a machine
with an optical drive or create a bootable USB drive (4GB, minimum size
required). Rufus <http://rufus.akeo.ie/> is a good tool to easily create
a bootable USB drive.

Brian