Re: Download Sound In Internet Explorer

Mcginnis, Barbara

Have you tried Windows Key and the letter B to get to the notification area and use you right or left arrow to find speakers.  Next you press Enter and use your up and down arrow to increase or decrease your volume?  I just tried this in Windows 8 and it worked.  I tried it using JAWS 17 and IE 11 on a Windows 8.1 machine.  Hope this helps.

From: HAMILTON [mailto:jim.hamilton@...]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2016 12:53 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Download Sound In Internet Explorer

HI: Using Windows 8.1 and JAWS 17: To turn on sounds in IE 11, I tried both methods, 1) going to the "advance" tab under "options" when in IE11, and 2) pressing ctrl+j when IE11 first opens. In neither instance did I find anything about "sound". Please be more specific; or, tell me what I may be doing wrong. Thanks. Jim H