Re: using JAWS with Perkyduck

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

hmmm, on my alva abt80 that i have had for over 20 i can press both prog1 and home1 buttons on the left end of my terminal and toggle between grade 2 braille and computer braille. i would suggest that you press insert plus 1 on the number row and enter help mode and start press buttons on your display to see what each buttons does with jaws. you may stumble across a key combo that will do the same as my alva does.

Legend has it that on Monday 2/1/2016 09:05 AM, Marianne Denning said:
Were you able to use contractions then or did you have to use grade 1
braille? I am trying to braille in UEB.

On 2/1/16, Shai <shaiwol@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Marianne,
I have used JAWS with Perky Duck and a braille display. I think that
the way I changed items from being in computer braille on the display
was to go into the settings center when I had Perky Duck open and
change the braille display output to US English grade 1. Then I used
the six key on the keyboard to braille.

On 2/1/16, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com> wrote:
Has anyone used JAWS and a braille display with Perky Duck? When I
type things in with Perky Duck it is in computer braille on my braille
display. Is there a way to change this?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053