From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:00 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: How Can Sighted People Tell Where I Am At on a Screen in JAWS?

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 07:42 am, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

Sadly, I have that feature set to on, and yet hubby doesn't know where I am on web pages.

 Hmmm.  My fingers are itching to write FS Tech Support, and I'll do that in a couple of minutes.  It's only because I wrote them asking about how to move through the ribbon groups via some method other than hitting TAB until you're fingers are exhausted that I learned the following, "You can move between the categories by performing the control+left or right arrow command."  Those commands are not JAWS based, but Windows based, but I haven't known of anyone who knew them.  It makes moving from group to group in the ribbon much faster when you know that a given item you're hunting for either is, or is likely to be, in a given group.

Now I'll ask them if there's a way to set JAWS such that it visually follows what it's presenting via speech.

Brian