Re: How to have PDF files read in the Acrobat window and not Chrome

Angel

This is why dear Debbie Scales will always be missed.  The answers she gave for the programs she recommended we Jaws users use was tested by her, and worked every time they were tried.  It didn't hurt that she was blind herself.

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill White
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: How to have PDF files read in the Acrobat window and not Chrome

Hi, Brian. I wasn't trying to PO you. I wasn't even snarking. What I am saying is that even though Windows-based commands which should work with JAWS, sometimes don't. Windows-based commands don't even work consistently between screen readers. For this reason, I seldom give commands for other screen readers which I am not using, because I haven't tested them, and I may not even have the same computer configuration as the intended user. This often changes how JAWS works, and what it verbalizes.

I apologize if I came off sounding snarky. It is just so often difficult dealing with the gap between what sighted users offer and what it is practical for blind users to implement.