Re: I E 11: Didn't F S claim how easy it is to enter text into Edit fields with JAWS 17?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

John is a good one; I’ve worked with him.  I hope I’m not covering old ground, as I’m several days behind.  Tom, what are you calling a text box. I’ve had no serious problems. I don’t like borrowing trouble,  but I wonder why our results are so different.

Ted

Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:48 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: I E 11: Didn't F S claim how easy it is to enter text into Edit fields with JAWS 17?

You know, I don’t mean to get into an FS Bashing thing here, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why FS says there have been no known issues with IE 11, especially as far as Jaws 16 has been concerned.  I can’t count the number of hours I worked on this issue with them last summer!  In fact, one of the people I worked with (last name Carson) spent quite a few hours on the phone, after the issue had been escalated to a status where he would get involved.

I do have Jaws 17 here, and have considered installing it, but since FS also has now eliminated the merge utilities feature, the Jaws upgrade  apparently isn’t as easy to accomplish as it used to be.

Again, I am sorry that I have taken up so much band with on this list concerning this problem, but the more I’m dealing with it, the more frustrated I get.  And, the more I’m beginning to wonder how truly concerned FS really is with these sorts of issues.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 7:58 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: I E 11: Didn't F S claim how easy it is to enter text into Edit fields with JAWS 17?

Hi,

First,  Tom I believe you               , because you are not the first person to post the same problem

Entering  text into   edit fields using I E 11.

Last Fall, I remember listening as to how F S claimed how easy it is to enter text into

Editfields using JAWS 17.

Obviously, they were  using I E 11 or  maybe not, in their demonstration

Accessing  edit fields.

When I  asked F S  about entering text into editfields using I E 11 or if there were any  known issues with I E 11;

I  was told no one had heard of any issues with I E 11.

I mention this as 3 months ago,  people had mentioned issues with Adobe and JAWS 16& 17; F S said there were no issues there.

Very recently , according to a person I spoke with from  Microsoft Disability help desk, the latter  issue is a known issue.

So if  there  are other issues with I E 11,

Please raise them Here as this helps all of us.

I have also heard that Microsoft plans to dump I E.

the

Disability help desk says otherwise.

Is  F S beefing up its supportfor I E 11?

Thank you.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.