Re: I E 11: Didn't F S claim how easy it is to enter text into Edit fields with JAWS 17?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

John is a good one; I’ve worked with him.  I hope I’m not covering old ground, as I’m several days behind.  Tom, what are you calling a text box. I’ve had no serious problems. I don’t like borrowing trouble,  but I wonder why our results are so different.

Ted

From: Tom Behler [mailto:tombehler@...]
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:48 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: I E 11: Didn't F S claim how easy it is to enter text into Edit fields with JAWS 17?

You know, I don’t mean to get into an FS Bashing thing here, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why FS says there have been no known issues with IE 11, especially as far as Jaws 16 has been concerned.  I can’t count the number of hours I worked on this issue with them last summer!  In fact, one of the people I worked with (last name Carson) spent quite a few hours on the phone, after the issue had been escalated to a status where he would get involved.

I do have Jaws 17 here, and have considered installing it, but since FS also has now eliminated the merge utilities feature, the Jaws upgrade  apparently isn’t as easy to accomplish as it used to be.

Again, I am sorry that I have taken up so much band with on this list concerning this problem, but the more I’m dealing with it, the more frustrated I get.  And, the more I’m beginning to wonder how truly concerned FS really is with these sorts of issues.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan