Re: A Win Against Captchas; I'll take it

Marianne Denning

I was helping someone set up a Skype account recently and the audio
version was very easy to understand. That comes from a person who has
never been able to understand the audio in the past.

On 1/24/16, Peter Tesar <ptesar@...> wrote:
Hello,

I’m sure that there are ways to accommodate screen reader users to get
around the captcha obstacle.

The presence of the statement:

I am not a robot, check box

Is something that screen reader users could be made aware of.

Text is put in the alt tag field, which is associated with every image,
and screen readers read it.

Some years ago I came across a web page with this first line statement:

Screen Reader users, click here

This link was not visible to the sighted. Perhaps the link (and text)
had the same foreground and background colors.

I’m sure that variations of this technique could be made available for
which only screen reader users would know how to handle.

Peter T.