Re: How To Get Rid Of Get Windows 10 Message

Mario

the problem with this is, if your windows update is set to automatic and recommended updates are checked, the get windows 10 nag will be reinstalled, regardless if it is hidden. Microsoft is despritly urging users to upgrade, and they have the means to unhide what has been hidden, even change the status of an update from optional to recommended or important at will.

so download the gwx control panel program (I recommend the portable version, not the installer), unzip it, run it, and enter on the option to disable the get windows 10 app. if you should want to get windows 10, reenabling is possible. just run the program again and enter on enable the get windows 10 app.

gwx control panel:
http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

On 1/23/2016 9:57 AM, Bill White wrote:
Hello, Tom and all. Here is what someone posted a while back as to how
to get rid of the "Get Windows 10 message".

How To Turn Off Windows10 Update Message In Windows7

Go to the run command and type in:

wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:3035583

re-boot the system.
this will uninstall the update and then when the update comes back you
will need to hide the update and not install it.

To Hide the update:

updates need to be set to download but let me install them that way
when they are downloaded you should have a new updates in the task tray
that you can click on and then you tab over to important updates Press
enter on that to bring up the list of downloaded updates. down arrow
through the list till you find the kb:3035583
update. Then uncheck the update with the Space Bar, and then right mouse
click on it.

you can then tab to the ok button and
press enter on the install button if there's other updates to install.

Bill White billwhite92701@...
<mailto:billwhite92701@...>