Re: How To Get Rid Of Get Windows 10 Message

Darran Ross

Here's another solution that I've used myself and it worked a treat. I'm sure the original poster on another list won't mind me passing it on.

Hello Everyone.

Recently, people have been asking me how they can disable windows 10
icons and upgrade files from being downloaded to their systems and
Microsoft nagging them to upgrade. it should be an option, not under
handed tactics by microsoft to download files to your system. certain
users have also reported that the get windows10 icon has been affecting
productivity with certain apps. here's a quick way to permanently
disable the upgrade until you wish to reenable it and take advantage of
microsoft's offer.

first, download the following program and click save, do not click run.
you will need to save the file in case you need to upgrade at a later stage.

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/GWX_control_panel.exe

After you've saved the file, click on it to launch it. the license
agreement will be displayed. click on i accept and continue. You will
see various buttons on the interface. If you see a disable windows10
upgrade option, click on it to disable the various programs and icons
that are running as part of the windows10 upgrade. when you run the tool
in future, it will give you the option to enable the upgrade as opposed
to disabling it. the program does offer other options to clear the
windows update cache, but you may not need them and they should only be
used as a last resort to remove windows files. If you do decide to clear
the windows update cache and downloaded windows10 files, your update
history will be reset and the windows update screen will show that you
have never previously installed any updates. updates you have hidden
will also have to be rehidden. for more information and a full
description of what the program does and how it works, visit the
author's page at:

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

all the best,

Mo.