Re: Attachments in "rich text" messages under Microsoft Outlook 2013

Kimber Gardner

Adrian,

You've done a pretty thorough job listing the various methods for handling attachments with jaws.

My go to method for accessing attachments sent to me is the shift + tab method as you describe. However as many of us know, this method does not always produce results. When I find nothing after back tabbing, I use the open all attachments option inn the file tab. It entails some extra steps since you then have to go to wherever the attachments have been saved to view them, but it works for me 99% of the time.

As for sending multiple attachments, I find the copy and paste most reliable. Just be sure your cursor is in the correct part of the message before you attempt to paste your second, third etc. attachments.

I hope this helpful.

Kimber

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

On Jan 20, 2016, at 12:00 PM, Adrian Spratt <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com> wrote:

Kimber,

You've done a much better job than I at following this thread. I wonder if it's possible for you, or anyone else, to complete a list of attachment methods. Here's a start, based on what I do (which seems similar to what you do):

1. When sending a message: Attach a file by copying from a files list with control-c and pasting into the message field of an email with control-v.

2. When sending a message: What is the best method for attaching several files?

3. With a received message: To locate an attachment above the message field, press shift-tab, then use the arrow keys to locate each attachment. (As Caroline says, the first attachment is some obscure thing for techies only.)

4. With a received message: To locate an attachment when there are three or more above the message field: This can involve a lot of trial-and-error arrowing. What is the best solution?

5. With a received message: To locate an attachment within the message field: I find insert-a often isolates it. Any better method, or an alternative for when insert-a doesn't work?