Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Very true.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 1:12 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Advanced Searching in Outlook 2010 - Opinions Sought

The only trick is that you have to type them very quickly. If you stop, you're sunk.

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 11:29 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Advanced Searching in Outlook 2010 - Opinions Sought

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 08:20 am, Londa Peterson <lpeterson@vrocp.org> wrote:

Then I can type the first letter, or several letters if I want, and I'll get fairly close. Hope this helps.

Londa,

Is there a trick to getting several letters to work? I have never been able, on any version of JAWS I've worked with, to get it to recognize the second through nth characters of a file name. This would be so handy such that if you knew you had a file named file1.txt and file2.txt that you could type in file2 and have JAWS zoom right to the correct one.

One of the reasons I've started teaching clients how to use Search Everything and the Copy-Paste technique of attaching files is because it's just far less tedious when they know enough of a file name to get search results that are either the single file or very few files, and those will be found anywhere they happen to be on the computer. The amount of time saved with navigating via browsing when the files in question are nowhere near each other in the folder tree is huge.

Brian

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.