Re: JAWS saying the thing that is not

Swati Sinha

This bug is from JAWS 11.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann byrne" <annakb@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS saying the thing that is not

My student tracks the dates he attended class so he can be reimbursed for transportation. He attended on September twelfth. JAWS called it "September first-something (I don't remember the second number).
Also, September two zero, 2011, is spoken "September 20th", despite there being no 'th'. And when I wrote two zero in numbers with a space between to illustrate this point, JAWS spoke it as 'second zero'. that's why I spelled the numbers out.

."

At 11:01 PM 10/2/2011, you wrote:
Hi Ann. I agree with your first point. I also find this very frustrating and annoying. I really do wish jaws wouldn't read the screen or part of the screen that was just left. It is confusing. And yes I think jaws is lying too.

I just installed jaws 13. Hope it isn't lying too.

I have not found any control in jaws that has an effect on the behavior. In older screen readers. For instance, ASAP, you could adjust the text out delay. I thought that would work in jaws but it doesn't seem to help.

Your second point about dates, I've seen that happen to but I'm not sure which formats cause that to happen. Could you give some examples. Please?

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann byrne" <annakb@...>