Re: Attachments in "rich text" messages under Microsoft Outlook 2013

Kimber Gardner

The "insert tab method" is the same as the keystrokes N A F as
described by Carolyn. It isn't my favorite method, but it works well
enough if, as you said, the files to be attached are not spread far
and wide throughout the system.

I suppose which method you choose has a lot to do with the comfort
level of the person creating the attachments. For me, copy and paste
has always been the most straightforward way to attach files and so
is the one I most often choose.

Kimber

Kimber,

When you say "Copy and Paste" via the steps given by Carolyn on the
first paste a line labeled "Attached" along with an edit box with the name
of the attachment appears directly under the "Subject" label and edit box.
If you continue to copy and paste after that for additional attachments
they just appear next to the one(s) already listed in the edit box for
Attachments.

The ALT+N,AF method is great if the file or files you intend to
attach are in a single folder, and that folder is not hard to navigate to
from wherever you happened to attach a file from the last time you used that
method. When the files are spread out all over the place that's when I use
the copy and paste method but with Search Everything being the method of
doing the file finds. If you know the name of the file you're looking for,
and you use distinctive file names, it's much faster to find an individual
file that way for copy/paste than navigating within a browse dialog and
having to go "long distances" in the tree to locate the files.

What is the "insert tab" method? I may have to try that one if
it's easier for my clients.

Brian
--
Kimberly