Re: IE 11 Successfully Installed Here, Well, Sort Of

Londa Peterson

I'm curious whether or not this is really a JAWS problem. Have you tried this with sighted assistance and no screen reader? Also, have you tried it with NVDA or some other similar product? Just curious and trying to help get to the bottom of this.

From: amit aggarwal [mailto:aggarwal.amit444@...]
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 6:11 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: IE 11 Successfully Installed Here, Well, Sort Of

Hi Tom,
I'm working with IE11 on windows8.1 and JAWS17
But I couldn't found any issues.
Have you tried re-installing JAWS?
Firefox is a good browser, but IE is great.
Also, witch OS are you using?
Let's see if this problem can be fixed.
Regards,
Amit

On 1/18/2016 1:30 AM, Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

As some of you may remember, I have been reluctant to move from IE 10 to IE 11, because of problems I had last summer with IE 11 in terms of being able to enter text into text boxes on web sites that I access.

However, since I now have been forced to upgrade to IE 11 due to no Microsoft support for IE 10, I decided to take the leap today, and install IE 11.

I installed IE 11 from the .exe file that I downloaded and saved from the Microsoft web site, and the installation seemed to go well.

I also was pleasantly surprised to find that my internet favorites had all been preserved, even though I had saved my favorites folder as a back-up, in case something went wrong.

However, this is where the good news ends.

I’m now back to having the same text-entry problems I had last summer.  I had my sighted wife watch while I ttried entering text into edit boxes, and she tells me that my main  cursor does not move when I try to do so.  As I enter text, Jaws speaks the text, but it is not entered into the web form.  I have Jaws set to manually enter forms mode, so I know I’m in forms mode, since I get the higher-sounding click whenever I hit enter.

I have made sure all add-ons, extensions, and toolbars  are disabled, but so far, no joy!

Last summer when I had this issue, I worked with Freedom Scientific  Technical Support, with the Microsoft Accessibility hotline staff, and with another well-experienced Jaws user from this list, and we could never solve the issue.

At least I have Firefox now as my main internet browser, and that works fine!

If anyone has any other suggestions of things for me to try, please send them my way.

I am extremely frustrated with Internet Explorer at this point!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan