Re: IE 11 Successfully Installed Here, Well, Sort Of

Tom Behler

Amit:

I am using Jaws 16 with Windows 7.

Repairing, and then re-installing Jaws did not work last summer when I worked with FS on this issue.  I am willing to try it again with the latest build of Jaws 16 or even with Jaws 17, but only as a last resort, since I am not sure the merge utilities feature will be available any more to help restore my previous Jaws settings.

Tom Behler

Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 6:11 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: IE 11 Successfully Installed Here, Well, Sort Of

Hi Tom,
I'm working with IE11 on windows8.1 and JAWS17
But I couldn't found any issues.
Have you tried re-installing JAWS?
Firefox is a good browser, but IE is great.
Also, witch OS are you using?
Let's see if this problem can be fixed.
Regards,
Amit

On 1/18/2016 1:30 AM, Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

As some of you may remember, I have been reluctant to move from IE 10 to IE 11, because of problems I had last summer with IE 11 in terms of being able to enter text into text boxes on web sites that I access.

However, since I now have been forced to upgrade to IE 11 due to no Microsoft support for IE 10, I decided to take the leap today, and install IE 11.

I installed IE 11 from the .exe file that I downloaded and saved from the Microsoft web site, and the installation seemed to go well.

I also was pleasantly surprised to find that my internet favorites had all been preserved, even though I had saved my favorites folder as a back-up, in case something went wrong.

However, this is where the good news ends.

I’m now back to having the same text-entry problems I had last summer.  I had my sighted wife watch while I ttried entering text into edit boxes, and she tells me that my main  cursor does not move when I try to do so.  As I enter text, Jaws speaks the text, but it is not entered into the web form.  I have Jaws set to manually enter forms mode, so I know I’m in forms mode, since I get the higher-sounding click whenever I hit enter.

I have made sure all add-ons, extensions, and toolbars  are disabled, but so far, no joy!

Last summer when I had this issue, I worked with Freedom Scientific  Technical Support, with the Microsoft Accessibility hotline staff, and with another well-experienced Jaws user from this list, and we could never solve the issue.

At least I have Firefox now as my main internet browser, and that works fine!

If anyone has any other suggestions of things for me to try, please send them my way.

I am extremely frustrated with Internet Explorer at this point!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.