From: Mario [mailto:mrb620@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 7:43 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: IE 11 Successfully Installed Here, Well, Sort Of

Tom, I noticed after I upgraded to IE11, the auto complete settings wer
enabled, especially for the address bar.
you might try unchecking this setting:

press alt, t for tools, o for options.
control+tab 4 or 5 times to the contents tab.
press alt+i to activate the auto complete settings button.
first checkbox should be unchecked.
tab to and spacebar on the ok button.

I've unchecked all of the autocomplete settings, including the ones in the
advanced tab (found about half way down the dialog).

On 1/17/2016 3:00 PM, Tom Behler wrote:
Hello, everyone.

As some of you may remember, I have been reluctant to move from IE 10 to
IE 11, because of problems I had last summer with IE 11 in terms of
being able to enter text into text boxes on web sites that I access.

However, since I now have been forced to upgrade to IE 11 due to no
Microsoft support for IE 10, I decided to take the leap today, and
install IE 11.

I installed IE 11 from the .exe file that I downloaded and saved from
the Microsoft web site, and the installation seemed to go well.

I also was pleasantly surprised to find that my internet favorites had
all been preserved, even though I had saved my favorites folder as a
back-up, in case something went wrong.

However, this is where the good news ends.

I'm now back to having the same text-entry problems I had last summer.
I had my sighted wife watch while I ttried entering text into edit
boxes, and she tells me that my main cursor does not move when I try to
do so. As I enter text, Jaws speaks the text, but it is not entered
into the web form. I have Jaws set to manually enter forms mode, so I
know I'm in forms mode, since I get the higher-sounding click whenever I
hit enter.

I have made sure all add-ons, extensions, and toolbars are disabled,
but so far, no joy!

Last summer when I had this issue, I worked with Freedom Scientific
Technical Support, with the Microsoft Accessibility hotline staff, and
with another well-experienced Jaws user from this list, and we could
never solve the issue.

At least I have Firefox now as my main internet browser, and that works
fine!

If anyone has any other suggestions of things for me to try, please send
them my way.

I am extremely frustrated with Internet Explorer at this point!

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan