Re: Does anyone know whether the problem with webvisum not working with the latest version of firefox has been fixed?

Mario

Gerald, I think it's inevitable that web visum is going to be lost, since it is recommended not to continue to use an outdated version of firefox. it is possible that Mozilla's ADO (forgot what ADO stands for) team who can sign extensions that are abandond but essentially beneficial for a particular reason, that being, that since the developers of web visum have
abandoned the extension, and wv does serve a purpose of enabling blind users to solve CAPTCHAs, and there is no other plugin that can do what wv did, they should sign it so we can still solve CAPTCHAs that some websites still employ.

On 1/17/2016 1:31 PM, Gerald Levy wrote:

It is Mozilla that is concerned about unsigned add-ons. Apparently,
unsigned add-ons have been used to introduce malware into Firefox, and
so Mozilla now requires that all developers of third-party add-ons sign
them to comply with the former's security standards and verify that they
are free of malware. . The developers of Webvisum abandoned it years
ago, and so there is no way to contact them and implore them to sign it
to bring it up to snuff. And starting with Firefox 44 or 45, Webvisum
and all other unsined add-ons will no longer work because the config
entry to enable them will be permanently removed. So once you have
Firefox 43 working with Webvisum, it would be a good idea to uncheck the
box on the advanced tab of the tools menu that allows Firefox to update
itself automatically. Otherwise,you will be automatically updated to
Firefox 44 and 45 and lose Webvisum forever.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Bill White
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 12:40 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Does anyone know whether the problem with webvisum not
working with the latest version of firefox has been fixed?

Hi, Mario. I have never understood this issue concerning unsigned AdOns. If
a person makes the change to allow all unsigned AdOns to run, and they are
afraid of running another unsigned AdOn, all they need to do is uninstall
the AdOn or plugin which they don't want to run. That is what the AdOns
manager is for.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mario" <mrb620@hotmail.com>