From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 12:13 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Selecting Multiple Items in a List via JAWS

Hello All,

          I am admitting defeat with experimenting and looking through the documentation.  When I want to select multiple files in a list of files by "the sighted method"  I can select the first file I want via left clicking on it, then I can add additional single files by holding down CTRL and left clicking on each, which adds them to the selected list.  If there is a block of files listed sequentially, I can left click on the first one to select it, hold down the shift key, then click on the last one and the block of all files between the first and last is selected.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do a select like this via JAWS.

          When my client wants to attach files to an e-mail message he often wants to attach two or three files from the same folder.  It is a PITA to do this one-by-one when I have to believe a technique for multi-file select exists in JAWS to allow all two, three, or more files to be attached in one action.

           How does one do a multiple select in JAWS?  If there is a technique for multiple random files in a folder listing (the equivalent of the CTRL+Click) versus a block of files listed sequentially (SHIFT+Click) I'd love to know about both of them.

Brian