Re: Adding Favorites In Firefox

Cristóbal

Works perfectly fine for me.

If you’re a Jaws user, then after pressing enter on the “Add to Favorites” option in the favorites menu, you’ll have to alt+tab out of the window and back into it. For whatever reason, Jaws has always stayed silent for me at this part. After that though, it works as one would expect. You can tab through the different fields. Bookmark name and then list of folders you wish to save it to.

I’m using JFW 17 and Firefox 42. Firefox is my default browser and this is how I’ve always added bookmarks to my favorites list. In fact, I’ve got my favorites folder saved to my Google Drive folder so any change I make on one PC is synchronized on my other machine.

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:29 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Adding Favorites In Firefox

Gerald:

Is there a way I could remove all of my favorites that I originally imported into Firefox from IE, and then, just recreate the new favorites from there using plainoldfavorites?

I guess I could delete them one at a time from Firefox, and start over again, but I’m just wondering if there might be an easier way.

Tom Behler

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 11:25 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Adding Favorites In Firefox

No, you cannot add web pages to the IE favorites list in Firefox.  You can only add them in IE and then access them in Firefox through Plain Old Favorites.  In Firefox, if you want to add a web page as as a favorite, it will be added to the Bookmarks list, not the Favorites list.  So if you want to use Firefox as your primary browser, you will have to deal with two lists of favorites: the favorites list from IE and the bookmarks list from Firefox itself.

Gerald

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 11:09 AM

Subject: Adding Favorites In Firefox

Hello, everyone.

A while back, I imported internet favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox using the add-on tool called plain old favorites.

http://www.iosart.com/firefox/plainoldfavorites/

Since I now am using Firefox as my main internet browser, I’m interested in adding some additional favorites to my favorites list.

I can find the tab that says “add favorites”, but when I attempt to do this, nothing happens.  Jaws says nothing, and I appear to get a blank screen.

Am I missing a step here, or is there a different way to add new favorites to my favorites list in Firefox?

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.