Re: Copying to clipboard

Guy Schlosser

Hey there Tom, I just got off work and had a chance to read your email. I actually figured it out, but thanks for the quick response. Using that get word function, I got the idea for a couple other script that I wrote for the same program.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 15, 2016, at 3:42 PM, Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@bmo.com> wrote:

Hello Guy, I am glad I can help.
What you are looking for is 'getword' it should look like
Let PhoneNumber = GetWord()
You do need to declare the variable PhoneNumber, I would declare it as a global variable. Generally near the top of the script these are done as an example
Global
String PhoneNumber
That way if you need to tab away from the screen you won't lose the content of the variable.
Give it a try
Tom Bisset
Wealth Management Technology
BMO Financial Group
Tel: (647) 258-8502
E-Mail tom.bissett@bmo.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Schlosser [mailto:guyster1047@att.net]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 3:17 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Copying to clipboard

Hey Tom, that is exactly what I was looking for. Question though, what is the easiest way to get the phone number into a variable. Something like phone number equals nextword() seems like it should work, but next word expects a void type. Any ideas? Thanks for the quick response.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 15, 2016, at 9:37 AM, Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@bmo.com> wrote:

Hi, there is a jaws function called CopyToClipBoard. If you are putting the phone number in a variable then you can do a "CopyToClipBoard(TheNumber) and then you can paste it where you want.
I do not find a paste function but you could do that manually using control+v.
Regards
Tom Bisset