From: James Bentley [mailto:bentleyj1952@att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:40 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: woohoo! envelopes 2013!

Hello,

I did not read every single post on this subject so I hope I am not
repeating unnecessary information. Here's how I address envelopes with
NotePad and my Brother laser printer.

Open Notepad and go in to page set up from the file menu.

Select letter size for ten inch envelopes.

Select the landscape mode.

Type the first line of the sender's address and hit enter.

Hit enter after each line of the sender's address.

Then, hit enter five times and then, tab ten times and start typing the
first line of the addressee.

Hit enter at the end of each line of the addressee and remember to tab over
ten times before you start writing the text for a new line so the lines will
line up.

For most Brother laser printers, you place the envelope with the flap down
and on the left in to the envelope slot.

A similar procedure works for labels but I don't remember the exact number
of lines and tabs to use. Also, it is possible to make an address label
that can hold a packing slip with the above directions and just tape the
envelope on to the box with Scotch tape.

HTH,

James Bentley