From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Farfar on Laptop
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:11 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: JAWS saying the thing that is not

Ann,

Using JAWS 12.0.525 regularly and occasionally testing JAWS 13.0.171. XP Pro
32-bit.

To varying degrees I've also heard the reporting of the wrong line in
documents. I've not noticed the announcement of a previous application when
launching a new one, however.

but I can agree that depending on the context, a number might get the th or
rd added when reading line-by-line or in say all. It tends to happen when
the preceding word is interpreted as a month or its abbreviation. Never
could figure out how to turn that off.

And of course also being a long-time JAWS user I've learned to ignore these
quirks. But I can understand how a new student would be confused is the
speech were not as accurate as it should be.
Good points to bring up to Freedom Scientific.

Dave Carlson
From my Dell Latitude 630.