From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-
jdh.com] On Behalf Of Ann byrne
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2011 7:32 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: JAWS saying the thing that is not

Maybe I'm just getting cranky---a definite possibility--but I find myself
saying more and more often to my students, "JAWS is lying to you."

1. When opening a new document or application, JAWS often rereads the
previous screen before reading the screen it just opened. To a newby,
this
is way confusing.

2. When reading dates, JAWS speaks a 'th' or 'st' or 'rd' after the date,
even
though it isn't there. It is important to me to know what I wrote, not
what
JAWS thinks I want to hear.

3. When working with an outline in Word 2010, JAWS often but not
consistently reports the line I just pressed enter on, and not the new
line
with the outline number. So when I'm planning a party--my favorite
outline--it says "2. send invitations' and not '3', which is where the
cursor is.

I don't think I'm imagining this. Is anyone else having these kinds of
issues???

thanks.

Ann