Re: I'm having a problem with webvisum!

Adrian Spratt

This message, posted by Gerald, may be what you need.

Firefox 43, the latest version, introduced a security feature that prevents unsigned, third-party add-ons like Webvisum from working. Follow these steps to get it to work with Firefox 43:

1.  Open Firefox 43 and in the address bar, type the below line as seen with no spaces:

about:config

2.  You will get a Firefox warning saying: 'This may void your warranty.' Click on  the button that sardonically says: 'I'll be careful, I promise.'

3.  tab once to the list of 700 or so items and press the letter X. You are looking for the below item:

xpinstall.signatures.required

4.  When this item is highlighted, press the context key or right click and choose toggle or press T (same thing.)

5.  The highlighted value should change to false as in:

xpinstall.signatures.required;false

Then press control + W to close the window and when you run Firefox again, Webvisum should work.

End of Gerald’s post. Let me add a caution: This change may reduce Firefox’s security protection.