From: Jason White via Groups.io [mailto:jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io]
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2016 9:53 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Views on Keyboard Shortcuts to teach or, perhaps, emphasize
when teaching

Debbie Kessler <jessesgirl@earthlink.net> wrote:
I encourage my students to take notes and we add keystrokes as needed or
wanted.

I think it makes good sense to learn to perform frequently occurring tasks
efficiently, then to expand the repertoire to include less frequent
operations. Knowing how to use online help systems effectively is
invaluable.
Searching the Web can give answers very quickly. For instance, suppose an
application gives me an error message. I can search the Web for the error
message and thereby find solutions or explanations - not always,
unfortunately, but often enough for this to be a very valuable strategy.