Re: I have to ask again

Charles Coe

Call Del support service using the telephone number provided in the literature that came with your new Del.

From: Jim Portillo [mailto:portillo.jim@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2016 10:05 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: I have to ask again

Hello,

I hope nobody gets tired of this question, but I need to find a good answer soon, and I am not quite sure what to do any more.  I am using JAWS 16 on a Dell Venue Tablet.  It has Windows 8.1.

I want to be able to upgrade it to Windows 10 but can’t seem to do that at this time because it says that there’s not enough memory for that.  That’s impossible because the only programs that have been installed (aside from the usual Dell ones) are MS Office and JAWS.

When I check the memory, the thing it recommends is to delete some of the unnecessary apps.  That doesn’t really help, because those apps aren’t very big anyway.

It was suggested that the patrician might have something to do with this.  I am not sure how to check that or how to do something with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I’m a technology user but not always a person who diagnoses things, but I do want this tablet on Windows 10, and I know it can be done.  There aren’t many programs on it.

If we really want to get technical (and I do ask questions) please write me off list.

Thanks so much!

Jim