Re: Mirror Display driver error

Sameer

When I go into Device Manager, I can see two display drivers installed. The first is the Freedom Scientific driver & the second is the computer’s own display driver (HP driver).

Which of these two drivers should I uninstall? Or should I use the “Search for Updates” feature?

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India

Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2016 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: Mirror Display driver error

You can check in your device manager to see if the mirror display driver is installed.  If it is, I would remove it, and then run a JAWS repair.  This has resolved this issue for me in the past.  If it doesn’t, you may have to totally remove JAWS, and start from scratch.  Good luck!

Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2016 7:49 AM
To: jfw@groups.io

In other words, you used a download, rather than the factory disk?  I want to follow this thread, as 17 may be in my immediate personal and professional future.

Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2016 12:01 PM

Did you by any chance run the Windows 10 tool from FS to remove older versions of Jaws? If so, then that could be what’s causing your issues. I did this thinking I’d upgrade my Windows 7 machine, but later decided against it. Running the Jaws 17 installer fixed it for me.

Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2016 7:23 AM
Subject: Mirror Display driver error

Dear List Members,

I had been using JAWS 16 (64-bit) on my computer with Windows 7 as the OS. I have installed the latest build of JAWS 17 (64-bit) during the weekend & since then have been receiving a Freedom Scientific Mirror Display driver error message. This error message appears whenever JAWS is started & going back to JAWS version 16 has not resolved the problem.

The error message says that the Freedom Scientific Mirror Display driver could not be loaded & provides a Reinstall option. Selecting the Reinstall option does not resolve the problem.

Request your kind assistance in resolving the above problem.

Thanking all in advance for any & all assistance.

Regards

Mr. Sameer Latey,
Mumbai, India

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.