Re: Views on Keyboard Shortcuts to teach or, perhaps, emphasize when teaching

Paul D. J. Jenkins <pdjj6123@...>

But, while you are "playing around," make absolutely certain not to press, say Windows Key L. This is especially important if you have six files open, and there was not time to save any of them. Yes, that is an exaggerated example, but...

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Alton [mailto:blinkydale@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 23:58
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Views on Keyboard Shortcuts to teach or, perhaps, emphasize when teaching

I have to put my 2 cents worth in now. I feel some of the comments have been flagarently
Wrong. I feel if it is a windows command it will make some thing change in winodows and not make jaws work. For example if you press "windows key+e" it opens the windows explorer but jaws just speaks what it opens. When you press a jaws command it tells jaws to do a specific command. If it doesn't tell jaws to do some thing then it has to be windows. I can't think of a jaws command that might be mistaken for a windows command. If it envovles the number pad you know it isn't windows but jaws. If causes the computer to do some thing it is windows. Play around what's the worse that is going to happen? You learn your computer better?s
Denver Dale