Common Windows key strokes have alt + ctrl

DjAndChaz
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2016, at 8:17 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your input ...... I think your suggestions will be quite helpful. I will head over to the web and search for a list of keystrokes for Windows 7 and revisit my list of Jaws commands.

Laura

----Original Message-----
From: Bill White [mailto:billwhite92701@dslextreme.com]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 9:58 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Views on Keyboard Shortcuts to teach or, perhaps, emphasize when teaching

Hi, Laura. No question is dumb, especially if you've done your best to find the answer and still haven't found it when you ask the question.

The only way I know to tell if a keystroke is a JAWS command or a Windows keystroke is to get a list of both, and compare. There isn't a way to tell other than to use another screen reader briefly, and see if the keystroke is still active when the alternate screen reader is being used. If the keystroke works when the alternate reader is invoked, the keystroke is probably a Windows keystroke.

Having said this, it is important to read the JAWS materials, and to familiarize yourself with the various key commands used in JAWS.

Keystrokes for Windows are more easily found on the web.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com