Re: Are there any NVDA (or WindowEyes) and JAWS "dual users" or people who've used both here?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Oops, using the version command, I double checked my version, and it’s still a variation of 10.    I was on personal time during the rollout, and that probably messed me up.

Ted

Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2016 3:47 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Are there any NVDA (or WindowEyes) and JAWS "dual users" or people who've used both here?

I have done a little testing since I made that post, and am cautiously optimistic.  When I get my phone back in working order, and really get into the daily grind, it’ll be interesting.  IE 11 is a bit slower, but overall feels more stable.  I’m not jumping up and down yet, but neither am I hanging crape.

Ted

Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: Are there any NVDA (or WindowEyes) and JAWS "dual users" or people who've used both here?

The biggest stability issue I’ve found with 16 is working with Silverlight.  Remember, this interface was totally unusable prior to 16, so direct comparisons are impossible.  My current platform is a 64-bit Win7 PRO machine, with IE 11.  I have a few network issues to overcome, but am curious to see if any or all the upgrades from my last platform (32-bit, IE 10) make a difference.

Ted

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 12:39 AM

Ongoing thanks to all who are so generously contributing their personal perspectives to this thread!  The response is more than I ever could have hoped for when I made the initial post.

A quick observation from me, since I've worked with both JAWS 15 and 16 recently enough to make an assessment:  Both have been pretty stable and behaved substantially the same for "the old functions" they share.  I have not yet dealt with JAWS 17, so have to withhold any opinion until I do, and that's coming soon.

I just posted at some length regarding Windows 10 on the NVDA/WindowEyes/JAWS thread I started this morning.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.