Re: Need Steps For Updating Internet Explorer

David Moore

Hi,
Google Chrome is pretty accessible for me when using it with win10 and JAWS 17. I have a tutorial that I did on Chrome if you want me to send it to you. Have a great one.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2016 6:53 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Need Steps For Updating Internet Explorer

It definitely caused me grief when I tried it, but haven't tried with IE 11 and JAWS 17.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:44 PM

Chrome has its own issues with JAWS, or the other way round. FS does not recommend it, and it caused me some grief earlier. Every advance since Windows 1.X has raised the specter of losing our hard-won autonomy, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Ted

Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 11:08 AM

Adrian,

No, I wasn't missing that point at all.

There are a lot of people who pay no attention at all to the technical press, and for good reason, so they don't even know that the writing is on the wall with regard to Internet Explorer. I wasn't sure if you might be one of those people, and there are certainly readers here who might not know. All I was trying to do was to spread the word that Internet Explorer really is a dead end now and that something else will rise to take its place with the companies doing screen reading software. I've been praying for Firefox or Chrome to be "the next anointed one(s)."

Brian

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.