Re: What is the issue with Captchas?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Depends on how you have punctuation set.

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 1:16 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: What is the issue with Captchas?

Maria,

        I used the old-fashioned text based "winking smile" after my comment about appreciating those changes so as to unequivocally mark it as a humorous comment.  This is composed of, one after the other, a semicolon, hyphen, and right parenthesis.

        Some forums software, but not groups.io's, will insert the "modern" graphical equivalent when these are typed unless you override the feature.

        I just wondered if JAWS would be reading something to you like, "semicolon hyphen right parenthesis," which is annoying, superfluous, and completely removes any functional use of the text emoticon.

Brian