From: Mario [mailto:mrb620@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 12:06 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: What is the issue with Captchas?

if enough blind users complain.

On 1/6/2016 11:30 AM, Maria Campbell wrote:
The only way might be for the NFB to sue, as they did Target.

On 1/6/2016 10:23 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

And suppose an online seller like Amazon does not offer an accessible
alternative to image captcha? Is Jeff Bezos going to be prosecuted?
Of course not. So major online sellers can simply disregard legal
agreements with almost total impunity and get away with it because
they are essentially weak and unenforceable.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Adrian Spratt
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 10:55 AM
To: jfw@groups.io

Actually, I've read some legal agreements involving online sellers
that address the CAPTCHA issue and require an accessible alternative
in the event the company insists on retaining CAPTCHA. I wish I could
go into more detail, but the agreements with which I'm familiar are confidential.