Re: Is There a Way For Me to Change...

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I think I remember that MM/DD/YYYY format.  It’s a loopy idea, but all I could think of at that moment.  I recall a time about 15 or 20 years ago when my master date got changed without my active (or certainly intentional) intervention, and played havoc with a  time-limited program I was testing.  I went back and use the old DOS date prompt to put back the real calendar date.

Ted

From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2016 10:30 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Is There a Way For Me to Change...

Ted,

          That wouldn't work unless you did a Save As on the file, as "Date Created" literally sticks with a file and remains unchanged after the first save of that particular copy.  It's particularly interesting to see some of the "date weirdness" you can get when you copy files, as the copies have a Date Created stamp of the time of the copy but the Date Modified stamp is carried over from the file copied from.  It's odd to see a file that says it was modified at a date earlier than its date created.

           Also, the BulkFileChanger utility does allow you to tweak any of the date metadata.  However, since it was written by a European, and there is a desire to make certain that there is no ambiguity regarding what a date actually is, it requires the use of DD/MM/YYYY format for the dates.

Brian